You can sing Oh Christmas Tree with a special ornament this holiday season.
Old Town Cape, Inc. has released its 2019 Chrismas ornament, marking the 23rd release in a series that celebrates historic locations in Downtown Cape Girardeau and the districts defining characteristics.
This year’s ornament features Zickfield’s Jewelry & Gifts, an 80-year-old establishment in downtown.
Old Town Cape’s Assistant Director, Sarah LaVenture shares a bit about this historic location:
“Zickfield’s has been a longstanding tradition in the Downtown Cape landscape for the past 80 years. The family has maintained historic buildings downtown and recently refurbished and remounted their shop’s neon sign from the 1950s on the building’s storefront. The Zickfield family business has become a cornerstone in the downtown community in more ways than one, and Old Town Cape is honored to release our ornament featuring a business that exemplifies excellence in preserving history and tradition while positively contributing to a vibrant downtown.”
You can add this ornament to your Christmas tree. They’re on sale now at several locations in downtown.
They cost $30 with a stand or $25 without and are available at the following places:
- Old Town Cape: 338 Broadway St. Ste. 401 (573) 334-8085
- Art Van Furniture: 43 S. Main St. (573) 334-6251
- Bob’s Shoe: 573 Broadway St. (573) 335-636
- CP McGinty Jewelers: 117 Main St. (573) 335-6347
- Knaup Floral: 838 William St. (573)-334-3029
- Pastimes Antiques: 45 Main St. (573)-332-8882
- Shivelbine Music Store: 535 Broadway St. (573) 334-5216
- Visit Cape: 220 N. Fountain St. (573) 335-1631
- Zickfield’s Jewelry & Gifts: 29 Main St. (573)-335-568
But you’ll have to act fast since there were only 256 limited edition ornaments produced.