Don't miss your chance to see the largest steamboat ever built
Steamboat docking season is upon us.
That means you should plan a trip to the Cape Girardeau Riverfront for a chance to see all four riverboats that will make a stop here.
From July to December, you’ll have more than a dozen opportunities to see these grand ships.
That list includes the American Queen, the largest steamboat ever built, and the Queen of the Mississippi, a 150-passenger ship owned by American Cruise Lines.
Heartland Weekend has the most up-to-date steamboat schedule:
- Friday, July 5 | American Queen, 1-5 p.m.
- Saturday, July 13 | Queen of the Mississippi, 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Friday, August 2 | Queen of the Mississippi, 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Saturday, August 3 | American Duchess, 12-5 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 13 | America, 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Thursday, August 29 | American Duchess, 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 3 | American Harmony, 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Sunday, September 8 | Queen of the Mississippi, 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 18 | Queen of the Mississippi, 12-5 p.m.
- Sunday, September 22 | Queen of the Mississippi, 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 2 | Queen of the Mississippi, 12-5 p.m.
- Thursday, December 5 | American Duchess, 1-5 p.m.
- Friday, December 13 |American Duchess, 1-5 p.m.
Undoubtedly this schedule can and likely will change. CLICK HERE for a closer look at updates.
Due to security concerns, public tours of paddlewheelers are not available.
BUT these dockings at Riverfront Park are well worth a trip downtown.
Moreover, all four of these mighty vessels do offer tours to parts of historic Cape Girardeau.
Additionally, ticket information for the Queen of the Mississippi and the America is available at AmericanCruiseLines.com or at 800-460-4518.
Further, you can find ticket information for the American Queen and the American Duchess is available at AmericanQueenSteamboatCompany.com or at 888-749-5280.