Buying Valentine's Day flowers doesn't have to be hard.
Flowers are the perfect go-to gift for guys looking to impress that special lady on Valentine’s Day. And good news: Picking a great arrangement isn’t as tough as you might think!
Manny Gonzales, along with his wife Clara, owns Tiger Lily Florist in downtown Charleston, South Carolina. This man has seen it all and assures us there is nothing to be scared of when it comes to flower shopping.
“There is no reason to be nervous or afraid of flowers,” says Manny. “Let the flowers do the talking.”
Here are five great tips that will make buying Valentine’s Day flowers a breeze:
- It doesn’t have to be roses! There are all kinds of beautiful flowers in season right now. Let your local florist pick out what’s best in season.
- There are lots of color options. Sure, red roses say romance, but there are other flowers with bold colors that can say a lot too.
- Special delivery! Gonzales says sending flowers to work takes the gesture up a notch.
- The card message matters. Put a special phrase or saying on the card to really show you care.
- Go local! You’ll get the best quality at the best value, according to Gonzales.
BONUS TIP: Order early.