Don't bust your diet with a food craving
Craving chicken wings for your game day spread?
Then you might be wondering how you can indulge without having to put your health on the side.
That is true even for buffalo chicken wings.
Christa Hudson, a dietitian in Cape Girardeau, says you just have to lighten it up some.
“I just opted for boneless, white meat chicken breast and I marinated it in the buffalo sauce rather than drenching it in it later on in the cooking process,” Hudson said.
So you have buffalo chicken kabobs with a homemade light blue cheese dressing, a twist on the classic game day food.
For the chicken:
– 3 chicken breasts
– small bottle of buffalo wing sauce
– cherry tomatoes
For the dressing:
-1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
– 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
– 3 tbsp nonfat milk
– 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
– 1/8 tsp salt
– 1/8 tsp ground pepper
How to put it together:
1.Marinade the chicken overnight in the buffalo sauce
2.Skewer the chicken and veggies
3. Grill the kabobs until they are done
4. For the dressing, combine all the ingredients in a food processor or blender. Blend it all until creamy.