There's a reason they call it the "Best Little Fair in the Land"
Altenburg: a town in Perry County, Missouri, population 352.
On most weekends you might drive through Altenburg on your way to somewhere else.
But when the “Best Little Fair in the Land” returns each year, more than 25,000 people stop here to say howdy neighbor.
The East Perry Community Fair is a longstanding tradition in southeast Missouri.
It remains true to its roots, celebrating all that is agriculture.
The fair also features free admission, free parking, and a big selection of free entertainment.
This year, the fair will be held on Friday, Sept. 20 and Saturday, Sept. 21.
There will be a big array of commercial booths, games and rides for children, and plenty of fair food for you to fill up on.
The food stands, of course, include the famous grilled cheese sandwiches.
You won’t want to miss the ever-popular World Championship mule jumping on Saturday.
Plan your visit now>>
Friday, Sept. 20
- 8 a.m. Judging of Poultry and Small Animals
- 10 a.m. Judging of Hall Exhibits
- 1:30 p.m. Parade
- 2:30 p.m. Opening Ceremonies
- 4 p.m. 4H & FFA Barrow Weigh-In
- 5 p.m. 4H & FFA Steer Weigh-In
- 6:30 p.m. Music by The Backstreet Cruisers
- 7 p.m. 4X4 Truck Pull
Saturday, Sept. 21
- 8 a.m. 4-H & FFA Steer Show
- 8:30 a.m. Judging of Sheep, Goats & Swine
- 9 a.m. Judging of Beef Cattle
- 10 a.m. Judging of Draft Horses & Mules
- 10 a.m. Pedal Tractor Pull
- 10 a.m. Dairy Cattle Show
- 1 p.m. Music by Generation
- 4:30 p.m. Jumping Mules Competition
- 5 p.m. 4-H & FFA Sale
- 6 p.m. Attendance Prizes
- 7 p.m. Lawn & Garden Tractor Pull
- 7 p.m. Music by White Lightening
WHERE: Altenburg, MO