You may even consider pairing beer with lunch, dinner, or desert.
Grabbing a beer?
You may consider pairing it with lunch, dinner, or even dessert.
We caught up with James McCoy, the head brewer at St. Nicholas Brewing Company in Du Quoin.
He schooled us in how to develop a perfect pairing.
You might try his: a bottle of St. Nicholas Belgium Dark Strong paired with goat cheese stuffed dates.
Talk about an easy snack.
Here’s how to make them:
- One package (about 15) large Medjool pitted dates
- One package (about 6 oz) of your favorite goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Move an oven rack to the top position and turn on your oven broiler.
- Using a knife, make a lengthwise slice half way through each date so that it opens a bit, but remains in one piece.
- Stuff each one with about 1 tsp. of the goat cheese. It will help if the goat cheese is at room temperature.
- Place the dates on a parchment-lined baking sheet and broil for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Drizzle the stuffed dates with honey and serve them warm.
BONUS: St. Nicholas Brewing Company invites you to celebrate beer all week long because it is American Craft Beer Week. As a thanks for keeping local shops in business, the brewery is watering down their prices! Follow SNBC on Facebook for special deals.